Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Kitchen organization


Please take a second to vote for my blog in the New Years Organization Revolution. Look for Crystal Walker. Thank you! Vote here!



I found this pretty awesome blog on Pinterest. And I spent hours looking at it. Seriously, the best pin I have ever stumbled across. It was a link to A Bowl Full of Lemons. She has a fantastic program set up to help people get their homes organized. And I was lucky enough to discover it just a couple of days after the current session started. So I joined up! Check her out here. 

Anyone who has been to my house knows it has gotten away from me. I really, seriously, hate STUFF. But my husband loves stuff. And my kids have sooo much STUFF. Just things that no one really needs or uses. But you cant get rid of it because, what if? Or because someone gave it to you and thats RUDE. Ok, that has been the excuse around here for much too long. I get so cranky trying to fight through all the stuff. Stuff that doesn't have a place of its own because all the places are filled with other stuff. (I have major stuff issues...)  But its not going to rule my life anymore. I am so done with it. The only catch is, I have to get it out of the house when my hubby isn't home! =)

So, week 1 in this lovely program was the kitchen. Sadly, I don't have before pictures. My camera was being used away from home while I was working. But I didn't want that to be a reason to wait. So I have after pictures is all. You are going to have to take my word on this, it is a HUGE improvement. I took 3 bags to the trash and a giant box to the donation center. 

The ziplock drawer. We use a lot of ziplocks and they were spread
from here to the end of creation. 

My husband opened this drawer and asked where I stashed everything.
I said the trash, where it belongs! It was awful. 

The biggest thing I did here was get all the cookie cutters out.
They were getting mangled. Every time we tried to close the drawer
a cookie cutter would get smashed. Poor poor cookie cutters!

The utensil drawer. It opens now...

This is my favorite part. I have lived in this house for 9 years
and have never used this cupboard. We have so little storage
and this one was unusable. The hassle just made it not worth it.
So I pulled the doors off and made it functional. I walk by and
smile at it all the time. 

Our cup cupboard. We have a problem with glasses
and cups. We like to collect them. They wouldn't all
fit any more. We had them stashed on the counter underneath
the cupboard. It was ridiculous. I got rid of sooooo many glasses
and cups. 
That is my kitchen so far. It makes me happy that it is so taken care of. Its really the best it has been since I moved in I think. I am quite determined to keep it this way too. It is absolutely the heart of my house, you walk into my house and you are in the kitchen. Its where everything happens. Our lives revolve around this room. It is so important that everything in the kitchen now has a place to call home. That is going to make such a difference for us!

10 comments:

  1. Looks great, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get the battery organizer? I sooooo need that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a gift, its pretty fantastic! They have them on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Bluecell-Battery-Storage-Organizer-Holder/dp/B0079UVYI6/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1358264348&sr=8-7&keywords=battery+organizer

      Delete
  3. I can so relate. My mantra is "less is more" and hubby's seems to be "more is more". But I knew that when I married him and it's worth the trade off. Not that I'm going to give up on trying to convince him to get rid of some more of this Stuff. :)

    Good luck on the grand prize finals. I envy whoever gets the Power Productivity program.

    ReplyDelete
  4. شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض

    ReplyDelete